Áki Ásgeirsson is a composer and multimedia artist from Garður, Iceland. He has written music for traditional instruments as well as designed new acoustic instruments, audio software, computer controlled instruments and sound installations.
Áki has been active in the Icelandic experimental music/art scene as a composer, sound artist and performer. With background in free improvisation, electronic music, art coding and algorithmic music, Áki often works in collaboration with other artists of various fields.
He is a member of composer collective S.L.Á.T.U.R. and co-organises the RAFLOST festival for electronic art.
- Music recordings (bjúghorn/cornetto) for a movie score by Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir
- Heliostat motor controller for Sirra Sigrún Sigurðardóttir (,,Ef lýsa ætti myrkva"). Hardware and software for calculating sun height and projecting on a wall.
- New album, M'aidez, produced by Stephan Stephensen.
- New music for a video installation by María Dalberg (Uncontainable Truth), presented at Kunstlerhaus Bethanien, Berlin.
- New music piece with laser instruments. Duo Harpverk, performed in Mengi.
- Lectures at Tóney music school: Puredata and Midi controllers with Arduino.
- Iceland University of the Arts: Timebased art - SOUND.
- Lecture at Bananskolen, Copenhagen: Kveðskapur - new software for playback and analysis.
- Presentations at Intelligent Instrument Lab
- Performance improvisation for banana synthesiser at SLÁTUR New Years concert
- Managing the Tech Lab (Tækniverkstæði) at Iceland University of the Arts
- Residency at s/v Björg in the Faroe Islands, Shetland, Norway, Sweeden and Denmark
- New compositions for a music collage piece, í leit að töfrum, by ólafur ólafsson and Libia Castro, with text from a constitution proposal.
- New piece performed at Onassis Stegi, Athens
- Workshop with young music students from Greece. Part of the Techtonics Festival
- Slaturtid festival with John Oswald.
- Lectures at Iceland University of the Arts: Mechatronic Art
- Course for sound engineers studying at Studio Syrland: creative sound synthesis and interfaces
- Lectures and Workshop with music composition students at Monash University, Melbourne
- S.L.Á.T.U.R. New Year Concert, solo performance
- Sailing ship performance with Studio Olafur Eliasson Kitchen project
- Concert and workshop in Tórshavn with S.L.Á.T.U.R.
- Radical Hospitality, collaboration project with Páll Ivan Slamnig and Bergrún Snæbjörnsdottir. Performed in Bergen at the Borealis Festival.
- ";Music on Music"; with Egill Saebjornsson and Magnus Jensson in Berlin
- 226°; installation performance at Malmö Sound Disturbance
- Keila (Bowling) sound installation (2013) with Jesper Pedersen at Dark Music Days
- New media art/sound presentation at HUGARFLUG, Iceland Academy of the Arts
- Course on Mechatronic Art in LHí
- Course for young composition students at Tónskóli Sigursveins
- RAFLOST festival organization
- Project-B started with an underground committee of gurus
- Working with Ingólfur VilhjÁlmsson on a new piece for clarinet and electronics.
- Teaching in Studio Sýrland, Creating Sound Processing
- 215°; Performed at CYCLE festival by the Hong Kong New Music Ensemble featuring Ásta Fanney Sigurðardóttir
- A new collective piece, SlÁturbÁtur (Slagtebåden) performed at Open Days Festival, Aalborg, Denmark, with Jesper Pedersen and PÁll Ivan frÁ Eiðum.
- Performing with Ásta Fanney Sigurðardóttir in Gufunes Studio
- Symposium/Kareoke/Installation/Performance at CYCLE festival as a part of the RADICAL HOSPITALITY project, organized by Borealis Festival, Bergen, together with PÁll Ivan frÁ Eiðum, Bergrún Snæbjörnsdóttir and Peter Meanwell.
- children theater/installations/music piece with ensemble adapter, hosted by the luxembourg philharmonie, composed with Jesper Pedersen and PÁll Ivan frÁ Eiðum
- Radical Hospitality project: research in Bergen
- residency at K18, berlin
- teaching in Seyðisfjörður Music School
- Light and sound piece in 3x6 hours for the Harpa light wall and outside loudspeakers
- ,,Tónlist um tónlist"; with Egill Sæbjörnsson and Magnús Jensson in Kópavogur
- First version of a new video sync program for local network: video-net
- New piece for computer controlled organ: 237°;, performed in Hallgrímskirkja
- New Sci-Fi short movie, Entropy :( Halldór úlfarsson og PÁll Ivan PÁlsson
- Audio programming for sound installation: Hekla Dögg Jónsdóttir
- S.L.Á.T.U.R. New Year Concert
- Metal working performance, The Sculptor Union, Reykjavík
- Dark Christmas Dinner Music performance, The Sculptor Union, Reykjavík
- Concert tour to Bratislava, NEXT festival, with S.L.Á.T.U.R.
- Portrait Concert of electronic music in Mengi, Reykjavík
- Birthday Concert, 30th of August. New piece performed
- Duo Harpverk, new piece for harp and percussion
- RAFLOST festival, organisation and workshop
- RAFLOST festival, new piece, Raf&Stuð, with Halldór úlfarsson
- Concert tour to Britain, Cafe OTO and Brighton, with S.L.Á.T.U.R.
- Tectonics festival: new piece for Iceland Symphony Orchestra
- Course in Studio Sýrland, creative sound processing
- Workshop in programming visual art, Iceland Art Academy
- Húrra: Cauldron Soup performance and electronic music
- Fylkingen & S.L.Á.T.U.R. Concert and children workshop
- Video with Halldór úlfarsson and PÁll Ivan PÁlsson, as a part of a video installation by Hekla Dögg Jónsdóttir
- S.L.Á.T.U.R. New Year Concert, new piece
- Concert Video Performance in Mengi, with Halldór úlfarsson
- SlÁturtíð, festival organisation and new piece for clarinet and electronics
- Received awards for best art piece: Keppnin um Keppinn
- Teaching computer music and sound recording in Keflavík Music School
- Course in Studio Sýrland, creative sound processing
- New video piece, Fönfjord, Greenland
- New electronic music piece, Hljómahöll, Reykjanesbær
- Dog Star Orchestra, Los Angeles, performs 312°;
- S.L.Á.T.U.R. Concert Tour, Tectonics festival, Glasgow
- S.L.Á.T.U.R. New Year Concert in Mengi, new performance piece
- Mengi opening party, new performance piece with plastic and smoke machine
- SlÁturtíð music festival, new piece for 3 basses, bows and saws
- Festival of Sacred Arts: new piece for MIDI controlled organ
- Tectonics festival: ";10 Explosions";, performed by Fengjastrútur
- Reykjavík Winter festival, video in
- Festival of Children Culture: new music piece for 1400 children voices
- Jaðarber concert series: new piece for Þránófón
- S.L.Á.T.U.R. New Year Concert, new piece for harmonium